In Proclaim 4.0, you can now customize countdown timers. By default, all timers use your default global settings, though you can further customize timers for Content, Bible, and Announcement service items.
Skip ahead to:
Add a Countdown Timer to a Service Item
To add a new custom countdown timer, open a service item. With the item selected check “Show a countdown clock.”
Note: Keep in mind that some service items contain this setting under the item’s Slides (Content) or Settings tab in the Editing pane.
Only Content, Bible, and Announcement slides will allow for timer customization. All other service item types will 1) use your global settings, will 2) not show a timer in the edit view and 3) cannot be customized.
Style Your Global Default Timer
Whenever you add a timer to a service item, it will default to your global timer styling to provide a consistent look across your presentation. To style your global default:
Click Settings and choose Display.
Click Open countdown clock settings.
Customize your timer.You can further customize the timer for your current service item using the editing toolbar options:
The editor shows your current global timer setting. Additionally, you can provide a default length for the clock.
- Position: Drag the timer to reposition it. Keep in mind that this timer may show over many types of service items, like a Video or Song lyrics.
- Size: Click and drag a corner of the text box to change the font/timer size.
- Font: Click the font dropdown to change the font. Since most timers look best with monospaced fonts, Proclaim offers a “Show Monospaced Only” to filter your available fonts.
- Color: Change your timer text color by clicking the color indicator in the editing toolbar.
- Background shape: By default, Proclaim adds a semi-transparent background shape to your timer to ensure the text is visible, though you can provide a custom background shape using the editing toolbar. Click Effects in the editing toolbar and edit the existing shape.
When you’re done, click Save.
Any new service items you create will use these timer settings as your starting point.
Note: Currently, global settings apply only to the current presentation.
Custom Styling for Content, Bible, and Verse Items
For Content, Bible, and Verse service items, a visible box will appear in the Edit Canvas using your global timer settings (learn more above).
Reminder: Only Content, Bible, and Announcement slides will allow for customization. All other service item types will 1) not show a timer in the edit view and 2) cannot be customized. Other service item types will use your global settings.
For timers in the Service and Post-Service Loop sections, you can provide additional functionality for your timer (learn more about Proclaim’s Order of Service sections).
- Set a custom time: Click the highlighted time indicator and provide a new time input (e.g., 10 min or 11:00am)
- Set a custom action: Choose between hide the clock and advance item (to move to the next service item)