If you use Logos, you may already know that the Sermon Builder tool allows you to create your sermon, including notes and info, all within Logos Bible Software. But did you know that you can set your sermons to be automatically published to Faithlife Sermons and your Faithlife group? Once published, your sermon can be easily shared over social media, podcast, or on your church's website. Learn more about the automatic publishing process below.
Skip ahead to:
Create Your Sermon in Logos
First, create your sermon in Logos using Sermon Builder. At the top of the sermon, set the date of the sermon to the date you'll be delivering it. In this same section, you can add tags and other metadata that will stay attached to your sermon when it is published.
Tip: the more metadata, including tags, you add to your sermon, the better others can find it when they search for it.
You can set your sermons to auto-publish to Faithlife Sermons from right within the sermon document. You can choose to publish your sermon to your user account on Faithlife Sermons, or to your Faithlife church group. Check or uncheck the box at the top of the sermon's info pane to turn auto-publish on or off.
Did you know? You can also send your sermon to Proclaim to present it on the date you set in your sermon info section. Read more about how Proclaim works with the automated sermon publishing process below.
Find Your Sermon on Faithlife Sermons
To view your sermon on Faithlife Sermons:
- Navigate to sermons.faithlife.com in your browser.
- Sign in using the credentials you use for Proclaim and Logos.
- In the top right of the browser window, near your avatar, click My sermons to view a list of all your drafted and published sermons.
Note: if you exported your sermon from Logos to Proclaim, a draft of your sermon is automatically created on Faithlife Sermons. After you present your sermon on air in Proclaim you can publish it to Faithlife Sermons.
Benefits to Hosting Your Sermon on Faithlife Sermons
You can continue to edit and revise your sermon even after it has been published. Here are a few more ways that hosting your sermons on Faithlife Sermons can be beneficial:
- Add audio and video - you can attach an audio or video recording of your sermon on Faithlife Sermons. If you use Proclaim to publish, the video and audio recordings will be automatically attached to the sermon.
- Interactive comments - learn and review what others think of your sermon and how it helped them to get closer to God.
- Share with your congregation - it's easy to locate and share your sermons on Faithlife Sermons. Sermons hosted on Faithlife Sermons can be embedded on your church website, podcasted, or shared on social media.
- Help other pastors - publishing a sermon to Faithlife Sermons gives others the chance to be inspired by your work in their own practice. The better you tag your sermon, the more searchable it becomes and the better you can help others.
Automatically Publishing Sermons Using Proclaim
When you export your sermon to Proclaim from Logos, a draft of the sermon is automatically created on Faithlife Sermons (don't worry—this won't create a duplicate when it's time to publish). Once you're done recording your sermon in Proclaim, you can publish it. Publishing your sermon from Proclaim will update your sermon recording with the audio/video recordings and change it from a draft to a published sermon on Faithlife Sermons.
Additionally, publishing your sermon through Proclaim will create an automatic post to notify members of your church group that it's available.