Proclaim supports multiple outputs so you can display different content on each display while On Air. Take a few moments to set your screens up correctly.
Don't have Proclaim? Start a free trial today.
1. Connect your output(s).
In order for Proclaim to output to a screen, the display must be connected to your computer. Turn on the display and connect it to your computer.
Did you know? You can display Proclaim via an Apple TV. Learn more.
2. Configure your computer's display settings.
Ensure your computer views the additional display(s) as extended.
- Go to your Display Settings (Right-click the start button, then click Settings > System > Display).
- Ensure Multiple displays is set to Extend these displays (view Windows support help).
- Go to your Display Arrangement Settings (System Preferences > Displays > Arrangement).
- Ensure Mirror displays is not checked (view Apple support help).
3. Set up your Virtual Screens
Virtual Screens allow you to display different content on each display while On Air. By default, Proclaim provides you with Slides, Confidence, and Notes. Click the gear icon to change the name and the aspect ratio of the screen. This allows you to set Slides to 16:9 while having your Confidence screen set to 4:3.
This configuration will sync with your current presentation to all members of your presentation team, regardless of what physical outputs their computer has, so you can set up your screens for your service without ever leaving your house.
Adding Virtual Screens
Change the stock virtual screens or add new notes. To do so, click Add virtual screen. This will add a new virtual screen. Give it a name and click done. Alternate Content virtual screens will always match the aspect ratio with the main slides screen.
Virtual Screen Output Types:
- Slides: Your main slide content for your presentation. This virtual screen corresponds to the main tab in Proclaim’s Edit view and is what you will see on your Proclaim Remote app by default and on Digital Signage.
- Confidence: A high-contrast, text-only view. This view is frequently used for song lyrics on stage monitors by the worship team.
- Notes: Displays a high-contrast, text-only view of any notes attached to the current service item. Learn how to add notes in Proclaim.
- Alternate Content: Secondary content for your presentation. This output type allows you to configure separate content types per service item, such as foreground only, background only, duplicate, or blank. Useful for sending content to a live stream.
4. Configure your displays in Proclaim.
Expand the Settings menu and select Display.
Identify your displays by clicking Identify. The numbers in the monitors list in Proclaim correspond to the large numbers shown on your connected monitors. Deselect Identity to remove them.
Note: Whatever monitor is connected to your computer will always display "(Application)" after the display type.
Set each output available to display one of your virtual screens or No Signal to mark it as not used. For example, in the screenshot above, Display 1, a 16:10 monitor, is set to show the Slides virtual screen, and Display 2 is set to No Signal (Application).
In addition to displays connected to your computer, Proclaim can send out slides and alternate content as an NDI source. To get started, click Add custom output. In the subsequent window, add a name for this output, select an aspect ratio, and assign a virtual screen. Then click Save.
The name you chose will be the name you see when using NDI within other apps. When you go On Air Proclaim will make a new NDI source available to other apps on your computer and other computers on your local network.
Note: If your Proclaim presentation goes full screen as soon as you go On Air, set your computer's monitor to Not Used.
In addition to setting up your monitors, two other display options appear.
- Output Transparency Color: You can display a live video feed. By default, Proclaim will fill any transparent portions of the slide black. For live video feeds, select one of the two key colors from the list. On your switcher, set the video feed to the color you've keyed in. Learn more about live video.
- On-Screen Messages: When you are On Air you can send on-screen messages to your congregation using the Crawl Text, Pager, and Countdown Clock features. Learn more about congregation-facing messages.
5. Exit the display settings.
When you've finished setting up your monitors, select the X to exit and test your settings.
Test your monitors by going On Air.
If you run into any trouble along the way, contact us at any time.