Proclaim supports multiple outputs so you can display different content on each display while On Air. Take a few moments to set your screens up correctly.
1. Connect your output(s).
In order for Proclaim to output to a screen, the display must be connected to your computer. Turn on the display and connect it to your computer.
Did you know? You can display Proclaim via an Apple TV. Learn more.
2. Configure your computer's display settings.
Ensure your computer views the additional display(s) as extended.
- Go to your Display Settings (Settings > Display).
- Ensure Multiple displays is set to Extend these displays (view Windows support help).
- Go to your Display Arrangement Settings (System Preferences > Displays > Arrangement).
- Ensure Mirror displays is not checked (view Apple support help).
3. Configure your displays in Proclaim.
Expand the Settings menu and select Display.
Identify your displays by clicking Identify. The numbers in the monitors list in Proclaim correspond to the large numbers shown on your connected monitors. Deselect Identity to remove them.
Note: Whatever monitor is connected to your computer will always display "(Application)" after the display type.
For each monitor input available, set it to display one of the following:
- Slides: Shows the presentation in its public-facing form. This should be your projector output. If you have multiple projectors, set each of them to Slides. The additional projectors will displays as "Slides - Secondary" to indicate they're also showing your slides. At least one output must be set to show your slides, or your computer will show your slides, preventing you from interacting with your presentation while On Air.
- Confidence: A high-contrast, text-only view. This view is frequently used for song lyrics on stage monitors by the worship team. The options in the Confidence Monitors section of the display settings will become available if you set one of your outputs to Confidence. Click here for more information.
- Notes: Displays a high-contrast, text-only view of any notes attached to the current service item. Learn how to add notes in Proclaim.
- Not used: Set your computer running Proclaim to Not Used so you can view Proclaim and interact with your presentation while On Air. At least one output must be set to show your slides. If you only have two inputs and you change the second monitor to something other than "Slides," your computer's monitor will automatically show the slides and you won't be able to interact with your presentation while On Air.
- Slides (Foreground only): Shows only the foreground of your main slides (usually text).
- Slides (Background only): Shows only the background of your main slides.
Note: If your Proclaim presentation goes full screen as soon as you go On Air, set your computer's monitor to Not Used.
In addition to setting up your monitors, three other display options appear.
- Confidence Monitors: If you set one of your monitors to Confidence, these options will become available to toggle on or off. Click here for more information.
- Output Transparency Color: You can display a live video feed. By default, Proclaim will fill any transparent portions of the slide black. For live video feeds, select one of the two key colors from the list. On your switcher, set the video feed to the color you've keyed in. Learn more about live video.
- On-Screen Messages: When you are On Air you can send on-screen messages to your congregation using the Crawl Text, Pager, and Countdown Clock features. Learn more about congregation-facing messages.
4. Exit the display settings.
When you've finished setting up your monitors, select the X to exit and test your settings.
Test your monitors by going On Air.