Proclaim is built for churches. That means the entire platform is customized to help you prepare, present, and share your church services. If you’re just beginning with Proclaim, this guide will direct you to learn the basics. For more advanced or specific questions, view Proclaim support, join our online community, or contact us directly at Support@Faithlife.com or 888–634–2038.
Skip ahead to:
- Order of Service
- Collaborate with your team
- Design announcement and song slides
- Add sermon slides
- Add Bible verses
- Record and publish sermons
- Create interactive presentations
- Additional Resources
Order of Service
If you’re coming from a more traditional presentation software, understanding the Order of Service is often the most important step to benefitting immediately from Proclaim. It fundamentally parallels your service structure because it’s built with your church in mind.
Every Proclaim presentation contains four sections: (1) Pre-Service Loop, (2) Warm-Up, (3) Service, and (4) Post-Service Loop.
These sections help auto-run your presentation based on your service start time. When you first arrive at your building, go On Air and Proclaim will cycle through the presentation’s (1) Pre-Service Loop, showing announcements and any other pre-service items, before auto-transitioning to your (2) Warm-Up section in time to play through once. At the service start time you provide, Proclaim will automatically show your first (3) Service section item. When you finish manually advancing through the Service section, Proclaim will auto-loop through the (4) Post-Service Loop after your service until you go Off Air.
View full details about the Order of Service or view these related articles:
- How Do I Add Multiple Service Times?
- How do I group service items in the Order of Service?
- What Does On Air Mean?
- Service Item Overview
Collaborate with Your Team
With Proclaim, you can build presentations with your entire team. Each member of your team can download and access Proclaim on any Mac or PC. There are no download limits, as your single subscription covers as many users as you need. Work on as many machines as you need and Proclaim will save and sync everything automatically.
Note: Send the Volunteer Reference Guide to those running your service presentations. It will teach them everything they need to know to run your presentations.
You can invite anyone with an email address to join your team. Expand the account settings menu in the top right-hand corner of Proclaim and select Invite Presentation Members. Add email addresses and select Invite.
View full details about adding people to your presentation group or view these related articles:
- Joining a Proclaim Group Through an Invitation
- Proclaim Group Basics: Group Administrators
- Proclaim Groups and Teams FAQ
- How Do I Know My Presentation is Synced?
Design Announcement and Song Slides
Proclaim gives you access to professional designs and auto-formats much of your content. Additionally, you can connect to more than 25,000 media assets created for churches.
Proclaim supports both 4:3 and 16:9 aspect ratios (choose in Settings > Presentation). Add a new service item, add content, and apply a Smart Media background. Proclaim will auto-format your text to fit your slide. To add a song, include a song service item and search for a song title.
- Media Browser
- Text Editing Tips and Tools
- How Do I Change the Background of My Slides?
- Smart Media
- How Do I Add Song Slides to My Presentation?
- How Do I Import Calendar Events from My Faithlife.com Church Group?
- How Do I Add a YouTube or Vimeo Video to My Presentation?
Add Sermon Slides to Your Presentation
Adding sermon slides to your presentation can help your congregation stay engaged. You can add sermons to your presentation using a variety of methods.
- Import a Sermon via PowerPoint or Keynote
- Embedded Bible verses
- Fill-in-the-blank slides
- Animated text entry
- Emphasized key words
- Automated sermon recording and transcription
- Build Your Sermon in Logos and Export it to Proclaim
Add Bible Verses to Your Presentation
Type the Bible reference and we’ll add the passage. Choose from a large selection of popular Bible translations included in Proclaim.
You can add verses in four ways: (1) add a Bible service item , (2) embed a Bible verse in a content service item, (3) add professionally-designed verse art (search for “Verse of the Day” in the Media Browser), (4) add passages with the On-screen Bible.
- Which Bibles Come Free with Proclaim?
- Bible Trivia
- How Do I Add Bible Verses without An Internet Connection?
- Can My Team Members Use My Bibles?
Record And Publish Sermons
Proclaim automates recording and distributing your sermon every week.
Add start and stop recording cues to tell Proclaim when to record, go On Air, and click publish. Your sermon will post wherever your church has a presence online before you leave the building. You can also manually share any published sermon through traditional social media platforms.
View full details about recording and publishing sermons with Proclaim or view these related articles:
- Podcasting Sermon Recordings
- Sermon Transcription with Proclaim
- Play Sermon Recordings from Your Church Website
- Add Sermons to Your Faithlife Site
- How Do I See My Sermon On Faithlife TV?
Create Interactive Presentations
Foster interaction, engage your people, and communicate information through your Proclaim presentation with interactive tools.
Interact with your congregation with a variety of tools: Signals, interactive tools, or digital bulletins. Anyone in your congregation can access these tools after a quick, one-time setup. If you need help teaching your congregation, you can include instructional videos during your pre-service loop to show your church how to stay connected. Search for “Signals” in the Proclaim Media Browser and include a video in your presentation.
- How Do I Set Up Proclaim Signals?
- Bible Trivia
- How Do I Respond to a Survey?
- Digital Faithlife Bulletins
For more assistance learning Proclaim, access the full Proclaim Support help, join our online community, contact us directly at Support@Faithlife.com or 888–634–2038, or view these selected resources:
- Video Training
- How Do I Configure My Display Outputs?
- Confidence Output & Stage Directions
- How to Set Up Digital Signage
- Faithlife Newsletters
- Lighting Scenes
- Using the Proclaim Remote App
- Inbound Midi
- How Do I Use Proclaim in Another Language?
Don't have a free trial of Proclaim? Start one today.