With the Proclaim Remote App users can control a presentation using a mobile device from a variety of locations. This can be especially helpful to a person presenting from the platform. After installing the Proclaim Remote, follow these steps to use the app.
Skip ahead to:
- Control your presentation
- Show a Quick Screen
- View the Order of Service
- Change display settings
- Follow a presentation
Control your presentation
In order to control an On Air presentation, you must be a member of the presentation team. Learn more about adding and inviting members.
1. Open the Proclaim Remote app.
All your presentations display automatically for all your presentation team members.
2. Find the active On Air presentation.
The presentation list at the top of the screen refreshes automatically, but you can also manually force a refresh by swiping downward anywhere on the screen.
Note: To preview a presentation without modifying it, tap any presentation that is not On Air (i.e., those in the All Presentations section below). This does not affect an On Air presentation.
3. Select Control on the On Air presentation.
This opens the control view and allows you to:
- Navigate aspects of the presentation.
- Change the slide being presented to the audience.
- Control video playback.
- Show a blank Quick Screen or a preset logo.
Your device is synchronized with the Proclaim desktop app so any changes from the desktop are reflected on your device and vice versa.
You can also display your private notes along with the slide so both your notes and the presentation show at the same time. Select the Settings icon and toggle notes On.
4. Navigate your presentation
The active slide shows in the main section of the app.
Swipe either direction to change the current slide. For slides containing a video, playback controls appear over the slide. If the automatic playback option is enabled on the desktop, tapping a slide immediately switches to that slide and begins playback. If automatic playback is disabled, tapping a slide changes to the slide, and playback begins when you tap the Play button.
The navigation bar at the bottom of your screen shows the highlighted active slide in context with the rest of the service.
- Scroll side-to-side to view more of your presentation.
- Tap a slide to change the slide currently being presented.
- Grab and drag the slider to adjust the size of the navigation bar slides.
Show a Quick Screen
1. Select the Quick Screen icon.
The quick-screen menu allows you to switch the display to a blank slide or a pre-selected logo. (The logo must be set from the Proclaim application on your desktop computer. Learn how by clicking here). The slide which was last visible before the Quick Screen remains highlighted.
2. Dismiss the Quick Screen.
Tap the highlighted slide to return to the same place in the presentation or tap a different slide to display the new slide. Learn more about Quick Screens.
View the Order of Service
1. Tap the Order of Service icon.
- On a tablet, a dropdown menu displays.
- On a mobile phone, the order of service is fullscreen.
2. Tap the desired element in the service.
This immediately navigates to the desired point in the presentation.
Note: The order of service menu is particularly useful when you need to skip between service items containing a large number of slides.
3. Return to the presentation view.
- On a tablet, tapping anywhere outside of the order of service menu will dismiss it.
- On a mobile phone, select the back arrow to return to the default presentation mode.
Change display settings
1. Select the Display Settings menu icon.
2. Select your desired display view.
Choose between the standard slide view and a high-contrast confidence view. You can also show your presentation notes and adjust the font size.
Note: Grab and drag the slider to adjust the size of the notes section while in presentation mode.
Return to the presentation mode.
- On a tablet, tap anywhere outside the display settings menu.
- On a mobile phone, select the back arrow.
Follow a presentation
Following a presentation allows users to view a presentation on their mobile devices. When following a presentation, the current projected slide displays on the mobile device and advances with the rest of the presentation in real time.
1. Select Follow to view any On Air presentation.
2. Take note of these aspects when following a presentation:
- Those following a presentation cannot control the presentation.
- Sound and video will not play on the device.
- Your church’s presentation computer must also have set the presentation location in Proclaim. (To learn how to set the location, click here.)
- Anyone can follow a nearby presentation from their mobile device—even if they are not a member of the presentation group.
- To follow a nearby presentation without being a member of the presentation group, you must enable location services on your mobile device.