Doing your sermon preparation in Logos 8 allows you to easily export your sermon to Proclaim. Follow the steps below to learn how to create and publish a sermon using the integration between Logos, Proclaim, and Faithlife Sermons. (To learn more about Logos 8, click here.)
Skip ahead to:
- Create Your Sermon in Logos
- Export Your Sermon to Proclaim
- Publish Your Sermon to Faithlife Sermons
- Publish Your Sermon from Proclaim
- Benefits of Hosting Your Sermon on Faithlife Sermons
Create Your Sermon in Logos
- Open the Sermon Editor in Logos by navigating to the Tools menu and selecting Sermon Editor or open an existing sermon by clicking Docs and selecting your sermon from the Docs menu.
- Any headings, quotes, or Scripture references entered here automatically convert to a slide. Highlight any other text you want converted to a slide and click the button to Add slides from selected text. Add slides from a selected Scripture reference by clicking the button.
To change the background of your slides, hover over the slide preview on the left of your text and select Edit and click Find Media to choose from available media. (This can also be done in Proclaim after you have exported your sermon.)
Note: Notes added to the Sermon Editor are not rendered on your slides but are visible in the Notes tab if you're using a notes output or the Proclaim Remote. (For more information on outputs click here and to learn about the Proclaim Remote click here.)
Export Your Sermon to Proclaim
If you want to export a previously created sermon, navigate to the Docs menu and click the sermon you wish to export.
- In the upper right corner of the Sermon Editor, select Export...
- Select Send to Proclaim. Follow the steps in the wizard to decide which presentation and group you wish to export the sermon to. (Note: Proclaim does not need to be opened for this step nor does Proclaim open automatically.)
- Open the destination presentation in Proclaim to view your sermon.
Your sermon imports into Proclaim as a collapsible service item (which is helpful when you have numerous sermon slides). Use Proclaim for additional editing or other customizations to your sermon slides. Click here to learn text editing tips and tools.
Did you know? Exporting your sermon to Proclaim automatically creates a draft version of your sermon on Faithlife Sermons. (Learn more about Faithlife Sermons here.)
Publish Your Sermon to Faithlife Sermons
Access your sermon.
- Navigate to Faithlife Sermons. If you are not already logged in, do so with the same credentials that you use for Logos and/or Proclaim.
- Click My Sermons. Your uploaded sermons display as thumbnails using the title slide.
- Click the thumbnail to view details about the sermon.
- Click the link next to the thumbnail.
Your sermon is currently in Draft mode. Select Edit to make additional changes or Publish to post online.
Edit your sermon.
Click Edit. Add, change, or delete information in your sermon using the available fields.
Publish your sermon.
Sermons can be published from both Faithlife Sermons and Proclaim. Publishing your sermon through Proclaim will create an automatic post to notify members of your church group that it's available.
To publish from Faithlife Sermons:
- Click Publish to post the sermon to your Faithlife Group. The sermon posts to your group’s newsfeed and can be played or downloaded.
- Click Share to post your sermon to Faithlife.com, Twitter, Facebook, or to distribute by email. Click here to learn more.
Publish Your Sermon from Proclaim
- Once a presentation ends and is no longer On Air, Proclaim opens a panel summary of the sermon including the audio file (if you used Proclaim to record the sermon).
- Make final adjustments and select Publish (or Close if you are not ready to Publish). You also have the option to publish a transcription of your sermon. To learn more about sermon transcription services, click here. (Note: If you choose to publish at a later time, allow time for the audio file to upload before you close the presentation. Access your sermon recording by clicking Recordings, and select the sermon you want to publish from the list.)
- The sermon is posted to your Faithlife group complete with audio and video recordings, and the status on Faithlife Sermons changes from Draft to Published.
Note: For more information about recording, editing, and publishing sermons in Proclaim, click here.
Benefits of Hosting Your Sermon on Faithlife Sermons
- Add audio and video
You can attach an audio or video recording of your sermon on Faithlife Sermons. If you use Proclaim to publish, the video and audio recordings automatically attached to the sermon. (For more information about recording in Proclaim, click here.)
- Interactive comments
Create ongoing dialogue about your sermon concepts and learn how it helped others grow.
- Share with your congregation
It's easy to locate and share your sermons on Faithlife Sermons. Sermons hosted on Faithlife Sermons can be embedded on your church website, podcasted, or shared on social media.
- Help other pastors
Publishing a sermon to Faithlife Sermons gives others the chance to be inspired by your work in their own practice. The better you tag your sermon, the more searchable it becomes and the better you can help others.