Donors can give via their mobile phones using Faithlife Giving’s Text to Give feature.
Set Up Text to Give
1. Navigate to Giving Features in your Finance Team.
Expand Giving Configuration in the left-hand Admin navigation panel and select Giving Features.
2. Click Get a phone number.
Scroll down until you see the Text to Give section and click Get a phone number.
3. Select Get a phone number.
Faithlife will redirect you to your church's Group Settings. Under Group Info, scroll down and select Get a phone number.
4. Select a phone number from the list of available options.
If you add your area code, a list of local numbers will display. Choose one from the list and click Get Number.
5. After you select a phone number, the Text to Give section of your account settings will display instructions for giving via text.
How it Works
Donors can text the number with the word Give and the amount in USD they want to give. If they want to give to a specific fund, they can text Give [amount] to [fund name].
The first time a donor gives via text, they will receive a link to a form where they can provide payment information, as well as an email address where they will receive a receipt.
For subsequent gifts, Faithlife Giving will process their gift using the last payment method the donor used. In this case, donors can cancel a gift by texting cancel gift within 30 minutes to the same number.
Share this video with your church to encourage text-to-give!