Faithlife is designed to be responsive to a wide variety of platforms and devices. This means you can focus on content and we’ll ensure the best viewing experience for each user.
Websites often look different depending on whether you’re viewing them on a computer or mobile device. Because of this, the image size and ratio you upload will not necessarily be the image size that is displayed to the user. Instead, the platform displays a version of the image that is optimized for the viewer’s device.
The GIF below shows a Faithlife Sites header changing between desktop, tablet, and mobile views. Notice how the header not only changes size, but also changes proportion based on which device is being emulated.
For the most part, Faithlife will automatically resize (or allow you to crop) your images to the dimensions it needs. You can drop in most images and Faithlife will resize them for you.
For best results, however, follow the guidelines below:
Text and Logos
When available, use the platform tools to display text over your images. If you have an image with words, a logo, or something else you definitely want to appear, you should ensure that the part of your image you want to display is centered and that it occupies less than ½ the width of the image, and ¼ the height.
- Square and landscape-oriented images are better suited for display in your church group and website.
- Images with a minimum resolution of 1024px x 1024px display well across the Faithlife platform. If you want to use an image in multiple places, make sure it is this size or larger.
- If the image you want to use follows the two guidelines above, it will likely display properly in any Faithlife product.
If you’re having trouble with a specific image, consult the following image dimensions.
Note: Canva offers a free image editing tool you can use.
- Personal profile image: 1024px x 1024px
- Personal profile header: 2560px x 500px
- Group profile image: 1024 x 1024px
- Group header: 2560px x 500px
- Bulletin media: 1200px x 628px
- Newsletter media: 1200px x 628px
- Media post in group feed: 1200px x 628px
- Event cover photo: 2560px x 500px
- 16x9 slides: 1920px x 1080px
- 4x3 slides: 1024px x 728px
- Site header: If the header has content in the image you want to display on all devices: The image should be at least 1920px x 1920px, and the part of your image you want to display should be centered and occupy less than ½ the width of the image, and less than ¼ the height (see example above). If the header does not have specific content you want to preserve: 1920px x 1080px
- Site logo: 500px x 500px
- Group photo: 500px x 500px
- Widget photo: 1200px x 628px. If the widget has content in the image you want to display on all devices: The image should be at least 1920px x 1920px, and the part of your image you want to display should be centered and occupy less than ½ the width of the image, and less than ¼ the height.
- Sermon cover image: 1920px x 1080px