With Faithlife Giving, you can add manual gifts (i.e., cash, check, etc.) from your Finance Team. This means you can keep all donations to your church—those online, check, and cash—together in Faithlife Giving.
Keeping all your gifts together not only helps you stay organized, it also means you can export all your gifts—those given online and those given via another method—from Faithlife Giving directly into your church’s accounting program. For your givers, their year-end giving statements will always include all donations to your church.
1. Navigate to the Gifts menu.
Go to your church Finance Team on Faithlife.com. (If you don’t know where to find it, log in to Faithlife.com, go to your church group, and click Finances in the left-hand sidebar.) Once in your Finance Team, click on Gifts in the left-hand Admin panel.
2. Click Add.
Click the Add button above the table showing the gifts given to your church and choose Manual gift.
3. Provide the gift details.
- Giver name: If the giver is part of your church group or has given before manually, their name will appear as you type. Click their name to associate the gift with them. Note: If you select an existing giver name from the auto-fill that has email and address information on file, this information will pre-populate.
- Email address: If you plan to have the year-end giving statement emailed to the donor, provide an email address.
- Address: If you plan to mail a year-end giving statement to the donor, provide a mailing address by clicking +Address.
- Send receipt: If you’ve included an email address with the manual gift, check Send receipt to email a receipt when you save the gift.
- Giving Date: Mark the date the gift was given. This is important for tax purposes, as gifts given will display on year-end giving statements according to the giving date you assign it.
- Gift Type: Choose between Cash, Check, Paypal, or Other.
- Deposit Date: If it helps your record-keeping, you can include the date the manual gift was deposited.
- Funds: You can assign the gift to any fund(s).
Did you know? You can make note of non-cash items like a vehicle, office furniture, catered meals or more? Learn more about in-kind gifts.
4. Save the gift.
Select Save to secure the manual gift (or Save and add another gift if you want to add another gift).
Note: Learn how to edit manual gifts.