Person records provide a way for your organization to add, manage, and query data about individuals in your organization. Only group admins have access to view or modify person records. This article describes the different fields and management options for a person record. Learn how to create a new person record.
Skip ahead to:
- Avatar — click the camera icon by a person’s avatar to add a photo.
- Status — Refers to the person’s relationship to your group (e.g. member, visitor, former member, etc.)
- Invite — allows you to quickly invite an individual to join your Faithlife group, or
- Link — allows you to link a person record with an existing Faithlife account. This pulls public data from a user’s Faithlife account to populate fields in their person record.
- Name — You can provide additional information such as a title or middle initial by clicking the small arrow icon below the name field.
- Gender — Faithlife guesses a person’s gender based on statistical information about their name. You can confirm this by clicking the light bulb icon beside the gender assignation.
- Age/Birthday — Enter an age. Age range, or birth date. Faithlife will automatically populate the corresponding field.
- To designate a person as a child/adult, click the child icon . A blue icon indicates the person is listed as a child.
- You can select whether certain fields are included in your group directory (visible to all group members). To toggle this, click the directory icon. A blue icon with a checkmark indicates the information will be included in the directory. Any field without a directory icon will not be listed in the group directory.
- Photos — You can associate additional photos with a person record.
- Address — Type the person’s address in the address field. If you want to provide more specific address information, click the arrow below the address field to show additional address fields.
- Social Profiles — Faithlife will suggest public-facing social profiles that may belong to a person. Click the profile to associate it with your person record. Faithlife will also use public information on those social profiles to populate fields in the person record.
- Emergency Contact — Provide an emergency contact for a person. Note: You must have a person record for an emergency contact. If one does not exist, you must create one.
Note: When a person with a linked Faithlife account changes their own account settings, Admins will see a message on his/her People record saying "New Faithlife.com account information available." Next to the message you'll find a button allowing you to Review changes. Clicking this button takes you to a screen showing the new information and letting you choose what to add to the People record.
- Tags — Add custom tags to a person record.
- Include in Directory — Select whether the individual should be listed in your group’s directory (visible to all group members).
- Can Mail/Email/Call — Denotes a person’s contact preferences. This is something that you can look up individually and will impact the way you’re able to communicate with that person. For example, unchecking Can Email will remove that person from your list of email newsletter recipients.
- Allergies — Provide any known allergies, or select Confirmed No Allergies.
- Special Needs — Select from the dropdown, or type and press enter to create a new special needs type.
- Occupation — Enter an occupation.
- Notes — Type a note in the box, check Private (if desired) and click outside the text box to create the note. You can edit an existing note by clicking it. Two different types of notes are available.
- Admin notes (default) are visible to any group admin with access to people records.
- Private notes are only visible to the account that creates them.
- Bio — Provide a biographical note for that person.
- Skills, Volunteer Roles, etc. — Select from the dropdown menu, or type a new entry and press Enter. You can query these fields when you create a new list.
- Barcode — Enter an alphanumeric barcode associated with the person record.
- Envelope — Enter a numeric envelope number associated with the person record.
The Faith section provides a range of fields related to an individual’s membership status, spiritual development, and background.
- Campus — If you have a multisite church, you can use this field to record which church campus a person attends.
Family & Relationships
- Family — You can associate multiple person records with a family record. Click +Add family and select an existing family record or Create a new family record. Learn more about creating family records.
- Relationships — You can store information about a person’s relationships. Click +Add Relationships, select a relationship type and the relevant person record. If a person record doesn’t exist for that person, select Create a new record.
- Marital status & Wedding Date — add the relevant entry. You can select whether one or both of these appear in the group directory by clicking the directory icon beside each field.
The Employer section provides fields for recording an individual’s employment history.
The Education section provides fields for recording an individual’s educational background.
The Background Check section allows you to record a passed background check, date of last check, and the background check renewal date.
The Interactions section allows you to record interactions between church staff, volunteers, etc. and a person. Click + Interaction and fill out the relevant fields, then click Done. Interactions are visible to any group admin with access to your group’s people records.
The Activity section lists the changes that have been made to the person record.
The Timeline section displays a timeline of all of an individual’s significant dates that are recorded in the person record. You can click and drag the timeline to view earlier or later date ranges.