With Faithlife Live Stream, you can livestream your church service and share it on your website, in your Faithlife Group, and on Faithlife TV. You can configure your stream to show your sermon slides from Proclaim, a video of your pastor, or both simultaneously.
Note: Troubleshooting or looking for an answer to a specific question? Use the search box above, or see all Faithlife Live Stream articles.
Skip ahead to:
- Prerequisites to Streaming
- 1: Configure Faithlife Live Stream
- 2: Configure Proclaim and go On Air
- 3: Configure Streamlabs
- 4: Start Your Stream
- 5: Share Your Live Stream
- 6: Stop your Live Stream
- 7: Find Your Recorded Live Stream
Prerequisites to Streaming
- Audio: Connect a microphone to your computer. If you are presenting from home, you can use the mic on your computer.
- Video: Connect an external camera to your computer and point it at the stage. If you want to stream your sermon from home, you can use your computer’s webcam.
- Two monitors (recommended): To live stream your slides, you will need to capture Proclaim’s output. It’s easiest to manage if you can set one display to show your Proclaim slides and the other to show Streamlabs. It is possible with one Monitor on Mac, but you’ll need to be familiar with full-screen windows and Spaces.
Note: We recommend at least 5 mbps upload speed to live stream. Here’s the quickest way to find your speed.
1. Configure Faithlife Live Stream
- Navigate to your Faithlife group on Faithlife.com.
- In the admin panel, expand Settings and select Live Stream.
- In the Live Stream section, click the plus icon +.
- Add details to your stream.
To provide a more customized featured image, click the Camera icon . Provide a title and description for your live stream and select whether you want it to be publicly available or limited to members of your group. In the Provider dropdown menu, select Faithlife Live Stream. Click Save.
Note: Faithlife auto-generates both an RTMP URL and a Stream Key (if this doesn’t appear right away, refresh the page). Keep this page open as you’ll copy and paste these into Streamlabs (your encoder).
2. Configure Proclaim and go On Air
Launch Proclaim and sign in if prompted.
- Expand File and open your presentation (or create a new one).
- Configure your monitors
Expand the Settings menu and select Displays. Set one of your outputs to show your Slides virtual screen.
Note: Learn more about configuring display outputs in Proclaim.
- Go On Air
Click the red On Air button to start presenting.
3. Configure Streamlabs
Streamlabs is a free video encoding software that enables live streaming. You will use it to capture Proclaim, your audio, and your video and send it to Faithlife TV.
Note: We recommend Streamlabs because it’s free and easy to use, but Faithlife Live Stream will work with other software and hardware encoders as well. (We've written a full tutorial for OBS as well: help for streaming with OBS.)
- Download Streamlabs.
Go to streamlabs.com and click Download Streamlabs. Follow the instructions to install the software.
Note: For more information and troubleshooting help for Streamlabs, visit Streamlabs support.
- Add your stream details in Streamlabs.
With Streamlabs installed and open, click the Settings icon in the bottom left-hand corner of the program.
Click Stream in the left panel and make these adjustments:
- Change the Stream Type dropdown to Custom Streaming Server
- Copy and paste the RTMP URL from your Faithlife Live Stream configuration page and paste it into the URL field.
- Copy the Stream Key from your Faithlife Live Stream configuration page and paste it into the Stream Key field.
Click Done to secure your settings.
- Configure your sources.
Along the bottom of Streamlabs, in the Sources area click the plus button and configure your sources. Add an audio source (for your audio), video source (for your video camera), and a display capture (for your Proclaim slides).
Note: For the display capture, ensure Proclaim is On Air. Select your screen showing your full slides.
Your slides might be too large or too small. In Streamlabs, you can click and drag their corners to resize and position them.
4. Start Your Stream
In Streamlabs, click Go Live.
Note: As soon as you start streaming, Faithlife Live Stream begins recording in the background. You can also configure Streamlabs to record your video locally to your computer at the same time by clicking the REC button in the bottom right-hand corner.
You can create multiple scenes in the bottom-left Scenes panel to easily switch between different configurations. For instance, add one scene showing only your video output, another one for only slides, and a third showing your slides and the video in the lower right (picture-in-picture). While streaming, select a scene to smoothly transition between one scene and the next. View Streamlab's support center for more help with Scenes.
Note: It can take up to several minutes between the time you start streaming and the time it becomes available to viewers. You can check the stream status on the Faithlife TV Settings on Faithlife.com.
5. Share Your Live Stream
Make your live stream available to your viewers in several places:
Note: Remember, in order to share the link to those outside your group, you need to set your live stream feed settings to Publicly Available. Learn more about sharing your live stream.
On Faithlife TV
- Your Faithlife TV configuration page (in your Faithlife group) contains a direct link to your live stream on FaithlifeTV.com (Expand Settings in the admin panel, click on Faithlife TV, copy the Share link from your live stream). Anyone can visit this link to watch your live stream.
Members of your Faithlife group can use their preferred TV device to navigate to your church’s Faithlife TV channel and watch your live stream. Learn more.
On Your Website
- If you have a Faithlife Site, your live stream will automatically appear in your live stream widget. Learn more.
You can embed your live stream on any website using the embed code provided in the Faithlife TV configuration page. Copy the embed code, then paste it into your website. Learn more.
In Your Church Group on Faithlife.com
Your live stream also has a dedicated page in your Faithlife group. This is accessible to anyone who is a member of your Faithlife group. To access it:
- Navigate to your church group on Faithlife.com
- Expand the Content section in the left sidebar.
- Click Live Stream.
Note: You can view basic viewing stats while streaming or more detailed stats after your stream finishes. Learn more.
6. Stop your Live Stream
To stop the live stream, click End Stream in Streamlabs.
7. Share Your Recorded Live Stream
Once your recording processes (this may take several hours), it will show in your group's files. Go to Faithlife.com and select your church group in the sidebar. Expand Content and select Videos. Once you find the recording, hover your cursor over the preview and click the View asset details icon.
While viewing the video file, click Share.
Choose a sharing platform from the icons on the left or copy the URL to share a direct link.
Note: Learn more about sharing your recorded sermon, including posting publicly-accessible videos on your website and on Faithlife TV.