If your church already uses an external calendar like Google Calendar, connect it to your Faithlife group’s calendar so you don't have to manage both calendars at once.
As you update your external calendar, all future changes will populate to your Faithlife group. Any service that links in with your group calendar—like Faithlife Proclaim or Faithlife Sites—will always display your most up-to-date information.
Note: Click here for more general help about working with group calendars.
Prepare Google Calendar
To export your Google Calendar, go to calendar.google.com.
- Hover over your desired calendar and click the more options menu. Click Settings and sharing.
- Scroll down to Access permissions and check Make available to public.
- Scroll down to Integrate Calendar and copy the link to Public address in iCal format.
Import Google Calendar
- Open your group’s calendar. (Go to Faithlife.com and select your group on the left. Click Calendar in the group’s Community panel.)
- Click the gear icon above and paste the Google calendar URL and click Import.
All the externally-created events will display as part of your Faithlife calendar.
Note: The import process includes a delay, so it may take up to 24 hours for your events to appear.
Delete Your Google Calendar
To remove your Google calendar, select the more options menu and remove the calendar.