Note: The steps in this article should only be undertaken if you are confident working with your Windows Registry. Any misstep could cause damage to your operating system or other programs on your computer. If you're not sure about the steps here, please contact Faithlife Support and we'll be happy to help you.
Sometimes Proclaim can have issues installing an update after being prompted to relaunch. For example, the update may not "take," or you may get an error message. Often these are issues with the Windows operating system, and we need additional logging to get to the bottom of the trouble.
To turn on that logging:
- Search for and select "Registry Editor" in the Windows Search bar.
- Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Proclaim\Logging.
- Right-click in the area to the right, then select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value. The file will generate and the name be highlighted; call it "Enabled".
- Right-click the file you just created and choose "Modify". "Value data" will have "0" in the text box. Change it to "1". When you're done, your Registry Editor should look like this:
- Reopen Proclaim and click "Relaunch" when prompted.
- Submit logs from the Help menu > Submit log files.
Of course, if you're not comfortable with this, please call Faithlife Support and we'll be happy to help you.